Are there camperships or fundraisers available to help us with the cost of camp?
We may have some campership money available, depending on how many donations are made to Camp Badger.
Here are some strategies for coming up with the money:
--you can divide the cost into monthly payments, with the last one due May 31.
--See information on Fundraisers on this website.
--Sometimes family and friends are willing to help with a portion of the cost.
--there will be a discount for campers in the same
Can you accommodate food allergies and special diets?
Yes, we can make provisions for vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free diets. Please let us know if you camper has a peanut allergy or other severe allergies, including bee stings, etc. These choices are on the online registration form.
What is the ratio of staff to campers?
In the Arts Camps the ratio is 7 or 8 campers per counselor, plus program staff. In the Teen Camp we will have one counselor for every 1- to 15 campers, plus 2-3 additional support staff doing the programs.
What if I have another question?
Please call 559-461-7515 or email us using the form at the bottom of every page. The phone number will ring on both my cell and home phones and a transcript will be in my email.
Registration & FAQ
Can I request that my friend stay in the same cabin with me?
Yes, just indicate this in the comment section on the registration form.
What should I bring to camp?
Here is the camp bring list:
1. Sleeping bag and pillow (blanket and sheets will do)
2. Lace-up or Velcro sneakers for when we hike, or hiking boots in the teen camp. Shoes or sandals must be worn on the feet at all times except in sleeping rooms or by the pool.
3. At least one pair of long pants and a long sleeved shirt for night time, and during the day for protection against poison oak and insects.
4. Flashlight, sunscreen and sun hat or visor. Bug repellent is useful at night.
5. Large towel, flip-flops, bathing suit.
6. Campers can bring a good book they are reading, for quiet time in the cabin .
7. NOTE: Please do not bring hand-held electronic games, expensive jewelry or any other valuables. These items are not appropriate for camp, and we don’t want to be responsible for keeping track of them. We will collect any of these items & lock them away until the end of camp.. In regards to cell phones, we will collect them and keep them in the office for use only during specified times at camp.
What time do we go to bed and get up?
In the Arts Camp lights out time is 9:00 or shortly after. You need to get up for breakfast, which is served from 8:00 till 8:45.
In the Teen Adventure Camp, we meet together to set the lights out and wake-up times.
What if I don't want to do a certain activity?
You can explain it to your counselor and come up with a solution. In the Arts Camp, we don't insist that you do a certain activity, but you need to be present with your group at that activity. If you do take part you get a color bracelet that shows you took part.
In the Teen Adventure Camp, you have to come on the trips and hikes with us but you can adjust your participation to your abilities and comfort zone. Again, work with your counselor about your concerns.
Can I bring my cell phone or handheld games?
We do not want you to bring these because when we are at camp we want you to be present with the people at camp. You may call your parents using the camp landline. Also, the internet usage is expensive at Seven Circles, and not easily available at Sequoia Highlands. This is a time to be offline. Also, we do not want to be responsible for expensive items at camp. If this is a dealbreaker for your teen please call Sulfiati at 461-7515.
What if I have another question?
Please call 559-461-7515 or email us using the form at the bottom of the Home page.
How to Register
We have online registration with a company called Active. This helps us keep good track of all our records and payments. Registration will be set up for the 2018 season by February 15. Registration closes two weeks before the starting day of each session and all money has to be in by that time.
To register, click one of the orange registration buttons at the top of every page and follow the instructions. You will be able to create an account at the end of form. You will need to have your health insurance information and the name and number of your family doctor ready as you register.
If you con't have access to a computer you can call the director, Sulfiati Harris, at 559-461-7515, and set up a time when she can do it with you on the phone.
The price of camp goes up to $300 after June 1, 2018. The cost to register is $20 and you can pay the rest in monthly installments. If you want you may also register online and pay with a check made out to Camp Badger and mailed to P.O. Box 214, Miramonte CA 93641.